May 14, 2007

Knitting? No, Nephews

Have you given up on ever seeing knitting on this blog again? I can see how it might appear that way. I do have things to post, but R just won't let me show any of the wonderful patterns she's got cooking up in that brain of hers. Socks and hats have been knit from her original patterns and she won't let me show you any of it! I will post an update of my Sockapalooza Pal's socks in progress with my next post, but in the meantime, I give you my nephews.What a handsome bunch they were in the above picture. That's Sammy all the way to the left, then Mac Genius PJ and then Timmy with the big old smile on that cute little face.

This is what they look like now - still handsome. Mac Genius PJ to the left, Sam in the middle and Tim on the right. Do they look like they are having fun or trying to kill each other....haven't figured that one out yet! We used to joke that all three were born on terrible days in history: PJ on Pearl Harbor Day, Tim was born hours after the shuttle Challenger explosion, and Sam was born on my best friend's Mom's birthday! I think all three of them are pretty cool and I love them all very much.

However, one of the three is in the military. We are proud of you Sam! This is his picture at three years old and it sums up how we all feel about his being away from us all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had a chance to sit down and check on "THE Blog!"
Oh...how sweet...love those guys! They seem bigger than life, don't they? Not one of them looks like the other, but they are definitly true brothers, who care about each other. Lots going on in those heads!
We had a wonderful Mother's Day with R,K,R and L...kind'a sounds like a Railroad doesn't it! We've been housebound today. Not sick, just hangin' around...changing sheets, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms. You know...all that yuck stuff!
Thanks for memories Kristy...I love you, The Mom