May 12, 2008

Waiting and Waiting....

Today is a day of waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

RL's Dad starts his radiation and chemo treatments today. We are anxiously awaiting to hear how his first day went.
I had a terrific Mother's Day.
These beautiful flowers were part of my Mother's Day gifts. The Gerber Daisies are beautiful. I even surprised myself by loving this orange one so much.
Of course hostas were in with them too. Hostas are the Mother's Day necessity!
This snapdragon made a surprise appearance in R's garden just in time for Mother's Day.
I was pretty well spoiled rotten. I had whatever I wanted for breakfast - waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. Everybody loves that for a special breakfast, so it was a safe bet. RL made a wonderful dinner and we took it over to Mom and Daddy's to share. We got Mom a cute bird bath that is small enough to sit on their upstairs deck. We also got her a new bird feeder since the old one bit the dust. I also gave her the dark red socks I made a few blog posts ago. While we were enjoying ourselves in cooler temperatures, this is how my sister was spending her Mother's Day:
This picture is of a helicopter that just got water out of their neighbor's lake because of this:

This is one of the HUGE fires down in Florida. Yes, this is right by her house. So, while I was enjoying a beautiful day of being pampered by my husband and kids - my sister, her husband and son were busy keeping their house wet to avoid any fire damage. I spoke to her about 10:30 last night and they were still dealing with it. She managed to get some sleep until 2:00 a.m. when her husband woke her to help hose the house and yard down again. What an exhausting night and more of the same today.

So, we sit and wait...and wait...and wait...to hear from her too and pray for their safety.

This waiting game really sucks!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Today was better. Except everything smells like we've been camping!