August 6, 2007

One Monkey Down

One of my kool-aid dyed monkeys is completed. I'm almost finished with the cuff of the 2nd and ready to be finished with the pair. I have too many other things I want to knit! R designed a small, interesting, to say the least, coin purse and asked me to test knit it. I have to get the yarn for that. She also designed a hat some time back and I've been promising to try that pattern for months. I've got the yarn, I've just got to take the time. I guess I need to try to get those two things finished before it's time to crack open ye olde homeschooling books. We normally start school after Labor Day, so I have a little bit of time yet - but you know that will fly by in no time at all. I want to post pictures of all the creativity flowing from R lately, but she wants to wait to see if she can sell her patterns before she shows them off. She did manage to block the scarf she knit for the store sample for Knit Picky. I might post some pictures of that, but I have to wait and check with Knit Picky first.
Oh! I got an e-mail from my Sockapalooza 4 buddy and my socks are on the way! I am SOOOO excited! She said they should be here by Thursday at the latest. Do you think it would be okay if I just sat on the front steps until then? Probably not. We are supposed to be up to 99 on Wednesday and Thursday. L spilled some wax from a citronella candle on the porch and it's melted! It is HOT!

I'm not so sure if you can see it or not, but in the above picture is a baby cardinal - look about an inch above the deck. I like to think it's one of the little cardinals that lived in the bird nest I showed you some time back. I'm glad they are coming back to the feeder. His little beak is still dark and he's somewhere between red and brown, so I don't know if I should call him a she or a he!

R has been wanting to hit one of our local yarn stores today. They are having a 30% sale on all yarn in stock. That can only spell disaster for R. She and her money are soon parted when it comes to fiber - of any kind! Corduroy Sunday afternoon and wool today. Maybe I can knit an addition to our house! L wants to hit a used book store. Unfortunately the Marx Brothers are on television - all day! Tearing them from the television when the Marx Brothers are on is next to impossible. Does it matter that we have seen all of their movies a gazillion times? NO! Does it matter that they can quote them all? NO! Does it matter that they have taped half of them? NO! L heard a quote the other day while watching the British version of The Office...'You're only as old as the woman you feel.' L thought that was hilarious - he would - he's soon to be 17. R walks in and says, "That's a Marx Brothers quote." Now who else her age would know that? They are junkies, I tell you! To make matters worse - a Peter Sellers tribute is on this evening. Peter Sellers is only second to the Marx Brothers as far as they are concerned. Yes, they've seen all his Pink Panther movies. Does it matter? NO! Oh well, while everybody is occupied, maybe I can finished those monkey socks!

No comments: