August 21, 2007

No matter how you spell it, stress is a four letter word!

Stress. We have had plenty of that around here lately. What a time of year to do a remodeling job! The wooden floors are waiting to be put down. The front door is going to be looked at by a friend on Thursday to see if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced. Do we want tile or linoleum in the kitchen? What about bookshelves? We need at least a whole wall of bookshelves in the living room. The furniture I ordered online for the living room is on its way, but the dining room furniture is on back order. Wait, no it's not. It will be here when it's here and not a minute before. I can track it on line, but every time I try that, it just says it's on it's way. I have to be here for delivery, but they won't tell me when delivery is! Ain't that grand? L's 17th birthday is Monday and he wants to have a role playing marathon with his buddies on Friday night until Saturday morning. Birthday gifts have been ordered and are finally trickling in. Don't even get me started on homeschooling! That starts after Labor Day and all the lesson plans need to be planned and even some curriculum needs to be purchased. Other than that, life is good. What? Me worry? You who know me, know stress and worry are not a part of my life. Oh wait - I must have been talking about somebody else!
Let's move on to happier things. Like Josh's birthday. The picture below was taken at least seven years ago. He had just shown us how to 'butt boogie.' Don't ask. Needless to say, it was also about the time we realized Josh wasn't as shy as we thought he was! He is now attending Law school in Oklahoma and will be a wonderful lawyer one day. Happy birthday Josh! We hope you have a terrific day!

The littlest princess in the picture below is Macie. She is our niece and I neglected to wish her a happy birthday at the end of July. This picture was taken in '93 and she just turned 16 so I guess she was almost two. I'm sure she truly appreciates this picture of her splashed on the Internet. I'm sorry it's topless, but it's all I have of her. R is in the background - she was only six in that picture. Man, time flies! They were trying to find all the Easter eggs we had hidden at RL's Mom and Dad's house before the boys did. At this time they were the only girls and they had to stick together. Hope your birthday was great Macie and that you are driving carefully!

1 comment:

kelly said...

"In Transit", what state is that in again???