June 5, 2007

What is wrong with this picture?????

What indeed! Second pair of #5 Crystal Palace Daisy needles. Second time the tip has broken off. First time I chalked it up to defective needles. I have NO idea what to chalk it up to now. I'm not a tight knitter. My knitting guru, R, has assured me of that. I've e-mailed Crystal Palace, but have yet to hear from them. I guess it's back to the LYS and throw myself on their mercy and hope for a store credit. I love Crystal Palace bamboo dpns and consider it a privilege to knit with such great needles. These needles - forget it! Never again!

What is this? I had to order some needles to make those socks that my Mom loves so much. Knit Picky had a huge sale last week on their needles and sock yarn and sold out of the needles that I needed. My knitting guru has confiscated my other needles of this size and they are in one of her many projects upstairs. Believe me, it is easier to buy a new pair than to try to locate the other pair. Somehow or other this sock yarn found it's way to my house. How did that happen? Yes, it's from the Loopy Ewe, the great place with the wonderful customer service - and I mean that 100%! Guess what it's called!!! Florida! Being a native Floridian, I had to get it. Now to find the perfect pattern... They also had a NC colorway, but it was sold out. I can get that anytime, I hope, but I had to get Florida.

This, my friends, is the scene of the crime. The local squirrels empty this feeder out faster than I can fill it. I had noticed that the strings holding it up were looking a little frayed the past few weeks. RL told me to look outside and there it was. Poor feeder - it dropped six feet to it's doom. I'm going to have to devise some sort of something or other to hang it so the squirrels can't chew through it this time. Must think like a squirrel and be craftier than them!

I have to wish a happy birthday to my favorite cousin today. Happy Birthday Shirley! I wish I had some sort of embarrassing picture to post, but I don't. You're my favorite and I want to continue to be on your good side, so we'll just leave it at the birthday wish! I love you!

As for knitting content, R is feeling better and has started knitting on her Lady Eleanor stole again. I'm still plugging along on my Argosy scarf. It will be finished soon provided my needles don't break anytime soon. Luckily I found a good old metal pair and will, hopefully, finish with those. I'll post a picture as soon as it is finished or blocked or both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh...I saw the yarn! "Florida," I believe!?!?!? AND, I THINK IT SAID THEY WILL BE FOR ME, ME, ME! Hotchah! I will love them FOREVER and I KNOW for a fact, that everyone who sees me, will SEE THEM-THERE SOCKS! They will glow, GLOW, G-L-O-W in the dark! I'm leaping around the computer room as we speak...so hard to do while typing!!! :-)
About those durn squirells, we have the same ding-dong problem over here...grrrrrrrrr! I had just filled the birdfeeder the other day, and when I opened the blinds yesterday...the little minace had dumped more that 2/3rds of the seeds OUT! THEN...this morning, lo and behold...the leetle monster had struck AGAIN! The feeder was bare, poured it's guts out on the ground, nada, nothing there. NOW, I am really, REALLY T'd off! I want to fill it again, but I refuse to feed a HOG! Thank goodness the guy next door has good feeders that the little varmits can't get into!
Well, Miss Kristy...you sound mucho bettero today...not quite so schnotty!
And...you remembered our Shirley! Happy Day Girlie! We love you over there in Tennessee!
Glad you're feeling better, Kristy
I love you guys, MOM