October 1, 2007

Let Fall Begin


The sunset on the way home from Lake Lure.

Although it has been officially fall for some time, it doesn't really feel like it until October. Not quite sure why, but that's the way I feel. We are seeing some leaves starting to change, but not many. We've been told we won't have a spectacular color display due to the drought. I'm just ready for any color and any cooler temperatures. I'm also looking forward to putting away the lawnmower until spring! That's a real treat in itself.


Apparently hummingbirds like Lake Lure too!

Yesterday RL and the kids journeyed over to Lake Lure to visit with his parents. They travel in their motor home from about May until the end of October. They were only going to be this close to us for a couple more days, so RL wanted to see them before they headed for Tennessee. From what I hear they had a great time. They all came back with sunburns, which seemed a little funny for this time of year. They stayed at the RV park and went for walks and talked, talked, talked. I'm glad they had a good time. I was still feeling a little crummy from my Friday Freak Out - ye olde nerves kicked in again. Missed out on the fair too. Bummer. Oh well, while they were out visiting, I slept in, ate a late breakfast, rented some movies I knew they wouldn't want to see and went to Wendy's for a salad. I got some mindless knitting in - that means dishcloths. I watched 'Casanova' with Heath Ledger. Very good movie. I really enjoyed it. I also saw a movie called 'Keeping Mum' which was a dark comedy. Very good. I rented 'For Your Consideration' but haven't watched that one yet. It was the only movie not rated R so I figured I could wait to watch it until the kids came back. It was a very quiet day and I managed to get a couple loads of laundry done, so I didn't feel like I had totally wasted my day. However, since we homeschool, I haven't had a day to myself - from sun up to sun down in almost 20 years. I didn't know what to do with myself! I felt very rested and ready to see them when they all came in the door last night!

I guess I wasn't all alone. Ginger was with me. When I went out on the porch to tell everybody good-bye, I left the front door partially open. Ginger is an inside cat. She's always been an inside cat and, contrary to what RL says, she will stay an inside cat. Well, I had the door open a little bit and out walks Ginger. Of course she doesn't know what do to with herself when she finally escapes to the great outdoors! She just sort of hunkers down and smells everything. RL told me to look down, R was frozen in her shoes, L didn't seem to care one way or the other and I was trying my best to figure out how on earth I was going to get her back inside. Before panic set in too much, I swung the front door open and in ran Ginger. Good thing she's such a 'fraidy cat' - I crack myself up!



Miss Miranda had a birthday on Sunday and I didn't even blog about it. Sorry Miranda! She is now officially a teenager. Watch out Mom and Dad! I had more recent pictures, but there's just something about a wee little kid wearing a Santa hat and missing teeth that makes for a better blog op! Gee, I showed her sister on her birthday blog post topless, at two or three years old, so I think Miranda got off easy! Hope your day was happy! It's hard to believe that the baby of the family is already a teenager! Boy she's getting old.


1 comment:

Bella Modiste said...

ooooh I loved "Keeping Mum"...hehehe...Mr. Bean was in it...hehee...and that professor from Harry Potter...hehe
I watch to many movies...hahaha
cheers,
~The Bella Modiste~