November 14, 2008

Busy, Rainy Days

Gus is feeling NO pain! This is one cat that knows how to relax. I think we could all learn a lot from him.
We've been having some rainy, dreary days around here. It makes it easier to sit on the loveseat and watch movies while knitting. However, it makes going to the grocery store a real chore. The cooler temperatures are a nice change of pace and wearing sweaters that have been put away for months is like getting a whole new wardrobe.
RL and R left on Wednesday for a working vacation at my in-laws. It's been a year since my FIL started having health problems which soon spiraled into bigger health problems. Just a year ago we found out he had an aneurysm that needed to be taken care of immediately. During the testing and surgery for that, they found out he had lung cancer. As soon as he had healed from the surgery, it was time to start chemo and radiation treatments. Now, on top of all of that, he has emphysema in his other lung. RL goes down when he can to do the heavy duty work that needs to be done around the house. The kids take turns going and helping where they can.
L and I are manning the fort waiting for them to come back home. We've done some Christmas shopping, grocery shopping, hit a book store or two and watched some movies. Don't forget knitting! Knitting is always happening! Today we visited with Mom and Daddy and watched the cats. For some reason Gus thinks it's his duty to mess with my hair. When I say 'mess' I actually mean rip it out by its roots.
Now that it's dark and still raining, I think I might have to try that new yoga position Gus is demonstrating in the picture at the top. Looks like he truly knows how to relax!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

I wanna be Gus! What a life -- couldn't we all use a bit of laying around this time of year???