January 2, 2010

Happy New Year (a Day Late!)

My 'Official Blog Photographer' got a new camera for Christmas. That is what made her the 'Official Blog Photographer', by the way! Above is her official photography foot gear. Note the wool socks. We are freezing our tushes off up here and the socks are a necessity. Last time I checked, about noon, it was 13 with our wind chill. BRRRR!
In order to get requested pictures, we have to let the photographer release her artistic urges. The sky was beautiful yesterday, as you can see.

This is the scarf that L made for me for Christmas. He and R would trek on up the stairs every night and knit, knit, knit. Believe me, it was truly appreciated. I believe they said this yarn was Cadena by Knit Picks. It is bulky and feels so warm....perfect for today!

Didn't he do a beautiful job? The colors are gorgeous and match my winter coat perfectly.

This little African Violet is special. R had to buy it because it was named Billy. RL's Dad and my Dad's names are Billy. So, of course I had to let her get it. She has been babying it, trying to bring it back to it's former glory. On Christmas Day, it bloomed for the first time. How special to have 'Billy' bloom on Christmas! It was like both Dads were sending us a little message! We hear you both loud and clear and love you guys!

3 comments:

gay said...

the violet...what a nice surprise and wow all that snow in nc???unheard of huh? my son was born there and i never saw snow like that but he world is changing happy new year enjoy you new knits!

Thimbleanna said...

I love that first picture with the boots and gorgeous socks. And what a fun surprise that your violet bloomed on Christmas Day. Happy New Year!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I'm crazy about the colors in those socks. Is that a pattern? How do you change colors like that?