September 12, 2008

Knit Picks Orders and Finished Socks

How can you have a bad day when something that looks like this shows up at your front door? Well, you just can't! Do you know how much restraint I had to have to take this picture???? Quite a bit. Hmmm, what is in this box????

Well, this is what's in the box right now. She has claimed it as her own!

This is what was in the box when I opened it. What's it for? I can't tell you. Why? Is it a surprise? It is to me. This isn't my yarn. R ordered it and I haven't the foggiest what it's going to be. Maybe it's already told her what it wants to be.
This is going to be a sweater. I've been told at least that much. It's a very pretty dark blackberry.
This is what I was waiting for! They were down under the flap in the box. I was getting nervous looking through all that yarn and not seeing my needles! They will be under lock and key so none of them will be used for evil. What, you might ask, does using them for evil mean? It means when 'somebody' sneaks off with them and takes them up to 'their' room and doesn't return them in the same decade. You can probably tell that I'm not bitter though, right?
Here's a close up of the latest finished socks. Thank you very much to Thimbleanna for suggesting the pattern. It's Mockery Socks by Katie Grady of Live 2 Knit. The yarn is Blue Ox from Knit Picks. It's color is somewhere between the gray it appears to be in the above picture and the blue it appears to be in the picture below.

The color isn't really me. Hmmm, might have to be used for a gift giving occasion that is in the near future. Time will tell....

What do I do in between knitting socks? Well, I knit dishcloths, of course. This pattern is from http://homespunliving.blogspot.com and it's the waffle knit dishcloth. It works up fast even if you're easily distracted while watching television. I made these out of the self striping cotton yarn from Sugar'n Cream. I really like the way they turned out.

I guess you're all caught up now. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks and the dishcloths are so pretty! Especially the socks. Awesome job!

Bella Modiste said...

ooh so very fun! course, I myself prefer fabric...but..yarn is cool too...still need to practice my crochet and kntitting skills...
ooh giveaway on my blog!
check it out..you know you wanna!
its not much...
ok...sinuses drippy...nose stuffed up, eyes watery...uh oh...gonna go check the pollen count and take a sinus thingy...yeah...ugh...Spring allergies were apparently grass...what does fall bring? weeds...

Thimbleanna said...

Haha, I was reading your post about the socks and you said I suggested the pattern and I thought "I did?" Funny how those socks look different in different yarns. Or maybe it's 'cause mine are still on the needles and I haven't picked them up in a month, so I've forgotten what they look like LOL! Yours are beautiful!