April 9, 2008

Gatlinburg

In the last post I mentioned a trip to Gatlinburg, but I forgot to show some pictures. R was the official photographer of the Gatlinburg adventure. (Although 24 pictures were taken, the place that developed the pictures deemed only 12 of them worthy to be developed. We are going to attempt to take them somewhere else to see if they will do the rest of them so maybe you'll see more in the near future.) The above photo was taken at Cades Cove.
Here are some wild turkeys. They were everywhere! We even have some pictures of deer that were taken from the car, but I haven't figured out how to get them cropped the way I want. I will have to call on one of my computer geniuses - the kids - to take care of that.
Here's some of the fibery goodness that R bought at the Smoky Mountain Spinnery. As you can see, half of it is spun and half is not. It's strange how the unspun looks more colorful than the spun. Even the spinner commented on that.
Look! Spring has sprung and the dogwoods have started blooming! What a pretty combo.

I'm trying to figure out the next project for my knitting pleasure. It will probably be socks - what else would it be? R informed me that if I kept more than one project going at the same time I wouldn't have this lull. I'm sure you're familiar with it - going through the stash and the patterns, trying to find just the right project to start next. Meanwhile my hands are saying, "Find something to knit. NOW!" I'm off to find something knit. Wish me luck!


No comments: