November 7, 2007

Nothing to Talk About

There's not too much to post about around here. Well, that's not exactly true. I can't show you what I'm knitting for Mom. She knows what it is, just not what it looks like. I can't tell you what we plan on making next because it's for Mom and Daddy and I don't want them to know about it. I can't show you what I've been sewing because....you guessed it, Christmas gift. What can I tell you about? I finally decided on a coordinating fabric for the dinosaur pillowcase for the little boy next door. It doesn't match perfectly, but it looks okay to me. I also decided on the books to go with them - 'How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends' for him and 'Dora Saves Mermaid Kingdom' for her. I think those will go along with the 'theme' just fine.
I ended up returning a Christmas gift already! I ordered the wrong thing for L and had to send it back. While I was standing in line at the Post Office with half of the town, I decided to buy my Christmas stamps. I got the 'Holiday Knits' stamps. How appropriate! Go to www.usps.com to see them. Since it's been in the 30's at night and in the 50's to 60's during the day, it's a little easier to think about getting Christmas cards written. Not so easy that I want to do it right this second, but a little easier to think about!
Our nephew has safely made it to California. Thank Heaven for that! He shared the driving with a friend of his, so it wasn't a looonnnggg, lonely trip. Now for him to get settled and start his new job. I won't worry about him at all where that is concerned. He's a real 'people person' and will do just fine.
So, that's all the 'nothing' I can find to talk about. Have a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so "with it," Girly!
I'm so proud of you for not waiting until the very, very last minute to do everything...as I taught you to do!
The pillow cases are SO cute! I love the trim...it's perfect! The books that continue the theme should be real winners too!
I've ordered "one thing" and that's it! That's about as "with it" as I get right now. I did buy our cards, but that's only so I can get them out by the Holidays!
I was even thinking that I'd like to have a real tree this year. You know...back to the good old days! How do you think "Miss Scout Lily" will take to that? You've heard of "That takes the cake?" Well, I wonder where scout "would take the tree?"
"Oooeee"...sure don't want'a go there! I get shivers just thinkin' about it!
*********************************
Uh...did you post my socks on here, and I didn't see them...or what?!?!?
*********************************
Well, it's time to get the little fella' up and at'em! It's a bit late, but he wasn't ready earlier! What a life!
*********************************
I love you mucho...Yo Mahma