July 10, 2007

Yippee Ki Yaaa!!!!

School is officially over for the 2006/2007 year!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited. It's been a loooooong school year and it's been an emotional one for this Mom, so I'm glad it's over. I know, I know, most people already have school over in June, but this year we have had ups and downs - lots of downs, and it has taken us a little longer to get it finished. L went yesterday for his state required standardized test and did great! I am very proud of him. Unfortunately he didn't score too high in Math - who is surprised here? I am NOT a Math person by any stretch of the imagination and have apparently passed on my 'love' for the subject to the children. R squeaked by, but I think L is going to have to do more than squeak. (He wants to do Math related things after high school.) So, it's on to either more extensive studying with our current curriculum or extensive searching for a new one. You get the picture - it's extensive either way! Way to go buddy! I'm proud of you!



Yesterday was also L's day to pick up his new glasses. The rest of us are waiting for ours to come in, but they are taking a little longer for some reason or other. I'm anxious for mine. I don't like this mono-vision thing with the contacts and would like a rest with a pair of glasses from time to time. My current pair is closing in on being nine years old, so it's time for a new pair. I think R is looking forward to a new look with her glasses and RL is looking forward to a new pair as well. His last pair was made funky and he can't see well out of them. He's been doing the mono-vision thing for years now, so he has adapted to it.

We had a very nice 4th of July! I was so pleased with the entire day. We had our cook-out - burgers and hot dogs. Mom and Daddy came by to eat with us and spend the afternoon. Mom, R and I went for a walk after dinner and met some of the neighbors and their dogs. Then Mom and Daddy left around 8:30. If they didn't leave then, they weren't going to be able to get out of here until after 11:00. The entrance to our housing development is where everybody in the free world congregates for the fireworks. It was nice this year. We sat in the middle of all of our neighbors - and probably 1,000 strangers - and enjoyed the show. It seemed a little shorter this year, but that was fine. We had good company and bug spray, so we couldn't ask for anything more. We came home and did our little annual fireworks/fire hazard. Our neighbor who normally helps us light everything had just taken some allergy medicine due to an earlier encounter with six wasps, so we were on a tight schedule to get everything lit before he felt the effects of the meds! We didn't get yelled at for making too much noise this year, so that was a pleasant surprise.


On to the yarn store for their weekend sale and a terrific surprise! Both R and I found out we each had a $20 gift certificate waiting for us! (I may have danced from excitement a wee bit too much and I am truly sorry for the customers who had to witness that.) R got some more yarn to add to some other yarn she bought a few days ago and was afraid she wouldn't have enough. I think she's set now. Cherry Tree Hill had just arrived, so I think we all know where this is headed. Yes, I bought some. When you have a $20 gift certificate, it is an amazingly affordable yarn! I have NO idea what I am going to make out of it - but that's not why we buy yarn, is it?

No comments: