June 23, 2013

Birthday Books

I mentioned on my birthday post that I got a couple of books from Barnes and Noble.  I wanted to share what they were, but I'm new to posting pictures from other sites.  I hope I did it right.  (Is it okay to buy books from Barnes and Noble, but post pictures from Amazon?  Yeah, I though so.) 
 
A month or two ago I found Ree Drummond's book:
 
It was in the clearance section for under $6!  I couldn't pass it up, but I wasn't sure I wanted to read it right away.  Then I pulled neck - or so I thought - and had time on my hands.  Perfect reading opportunity.  Man, what a great book!  Some nights I read parts of it to Bean while she knitted.  I think she enjoyed it as much as I did.  Their love story reminded me what a special relationship I have with Ran.  So....when my birthday came along and Ran told me to get whatever I wanted, I jumped at the chance to get one of her recipe books.
 
I think the thing I like the most about this recipe book, well, besides who it's written by, the photography, yadda, yadda, yadda.... would be the great recipes.  So many of them are definitely on my list to try.  I found one recipe on her website that I've already tried:  Knock You Naked Brownies.
They didn't turn out as pretty as hers, but I don't recall anybody complaining!
 
 
I cannot wait to make something out of this book!  I have been admiring it online since it was published.  I have soooooo many fat quarters around this house that are crying out to be used.  I sure hope this book provides that opportunity.  I've got to get those fat quarters to quit crying.  My sock yarn can't stand the competition.

No comments: