August 11, 2010

So Much Going On!

How do I go from weeks of nothing exciting going on to being totally overwhelmed by everything? As you can see by the pictures, I finished a pair of socks. These worked up quickly. I've always picked out a pattern and went with it. This time I spiced things up a bit. I took the generic sock pattern I always use, same number cast on and same needle size. Then I found a cuff I really liked from the Sensational Socks book. I decided to use an Eye of Partridge Heel instead of my usual. Voila! I had some pretty neat looking socks that weren't too difficult to knit. R says in no time I'll be coming up with my own patterns, but I'm not so sure about that. One thing at a time!

My nephew is home from Iraq! Yes! We are so happy that he is home safely. I'm sure he is even happier to be home!

R decided that I needed to learn how to spin, so she taught me the other night. She has some silk caps that she wanted me to try. They have a very long draw, so that made it so much easier to use than wool. However the silk sticks to everything! If your hands are rough - forget it! Luckily mine weren't too bad.

We decided it was time to clean out the fabric stash. Man oh man! What a mess! It looks like a fabric store exploded in my bedroom. Quite a bit of what we found belongs to R. Remind me never to take her to another fabric store.....ever.....again.....as long as she is alive! I found a kit for a quilted wall hanging that my sister gave to me while she was cleaning out her stash some time back. So, I've been working on that too. I've really enjoyed working on it!

Oh, R got her first notice that she might be called for jury duty. Poor kid! She's 22, so technically she's not a kid, but she's still my kid and entirely too young to have to go! I don't think the county court system agrees with me though. We'll just have to pray that her number won't come up.

Well, that's about all the news that's fit to print at the minute. When I'm finished piecing the wall hanging I'll share a picture. Meanwhile I have to find something else to knit! Gotta keep busy!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, aren't those pretty! I love the color. And the pattern. My favorite way to knit socks is to do what you said -- take your favorite pattern and then pick a new cuff -- lots of fun.