July 30, 2010

I Got Nothin'

I got nothin' to tell you about. We've been busy, but nothing you want to hear about. Tough, you'll hear about it anyway.
Let's see....the only decent picture of anything blog-worthy is this:

My nephew flew to NY for a wedding and wound up at the Lego shop. Isn't this the coolest - no pun intended - thing? I love it! My sister said he went to NY and this was all he bought. I'd say he made a wise choice. Now if he had only gone to a yarn shop or two....

R had an appointment with the dentist on Wednesday. We were all dreading it. The poor thing has not had many decent dental experiences. Her first was a doozy. When you take your two year old to a pediatric dentist and they come out and get the child, but make you stay in the waiting room that isn't exactly child friendly - beware! They took my baby back to a room she had never seen before and strapped her into a papoose and started working. She screamed until she fell asleep and then they worked on her teeth. Needless to say, we never went back. Now that she is 22 she doesn't scream any more and doesn't need to be strapped down - thank goodness! Our dentist has an open office with glass doors so I was able to get up from time to time and peek in on her. No cavities! Yes! I was so proud of her! She has four areas of concern that could develop into cavities, but they can fix them now. That is our next step. The dentist said she was the poster child for our family. Yeah for her!

Yesterday was mammogram day for me and Mom. We've been made fun of for going at the same time, but it really makes the experience a little easier. It went very fast - which is always a blessing. Now we wait for the results and are thankful it's over for the year.

Little Miss M, who lives next door, is now two. She also went to the dentist this week. Apparently her dentist is a little more child friendly than the one we saw. She did great - Yeah for her! She's started saying, "What in tarnation?" It is hilarious! I didn't realize the word tarnation had so many syllables. She keeps us in stitches. Thank goodness for toddlers. Speaking of little ones, I met Mom's neighbors grandson, William the other day. Just a couple of months old and adorable. A little stinky - he was tending to 'business' when we met, but still adorable. He was over 11 pounds when he was born. I thought L was a big one at 10 lbs. 2 1/2 oz.! So cute.

So, that's all the news that's fit to print and some that isn't. I'll try to have the current pair of socks finished for the next post. I'm to the heel on both of them, so it should be straight stockinette after that and we'll be home free. Whew!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- all those years and no cavities -- that's great! My kids also went to a pediatric dentist who didn't want the mom there, but they were really good with the kids. And with one of my kids, it definitely wouldn't have gone well if I'd been there -- he was a clinger LOL! Sounds like you're getting lots done with your summer!