October 25, 2009

Chocolate Cake Hangover

This is a picture of Mom's birthday cake. Oh man! Too much! It was G-R-E-A-T! It was a Devil's Food cake with Rocky Road icing. R is the queen of Rocky Road icing. I think we could have just left the cake alone and eaten the icing. It's more like fudge anyway. Mom took a piece home with her and had it for breakfast with her coffee! Needless to say, she is flying like a kite!

My terrific Ravelry buddy sent me the best Halloween surprise package! The little flag above is adorable and perfect for this week. She also sent a pumpkin scented candle, which smells great. Some ghost shaped Peeps and some Red Bird candy canes which just melt in your mouth! And the wonderful surprise of YARN! She dyes it herself and that makes it that much more special.
Here's a little peek of it with the flag.

Here's a different peek. It is perfectly fall-like! I am anxious to make a pair of socks out of it. I've already gotten it wound into a ball. Now just to narrow down the pattern selection......
Karen - this is your leaf picture. I think that a memo went out to every tree in the county and told them to put on their annual show! It is officially fall everywhere!

2 comments:

KarenFL said...

Cake looks dangerous! Glad everyone had a good time. And what a breakfast of champions!

Send my appreciation to the fall leaf display committee - they are doing a great job! Still wearing shorts/flip flops here. Breaking a record for the warmest October on record (Little sigh)

Sweet Woodruff said...

hello friend. I haven't talked to you in awhile. I love the fall leaves. I have never lived any where to experience fall like this. Texas and Florida doesn't have too much autumn foliage.