May 12, 2009

Happy (Late) Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day. I guess it was so wonderful that I forgot to post and say anything about it! We got up early, for me and the kids ;) and went to church. The sermon was on Patience. It seemed to be very fitting! After church RL fixed a wonderful dinner of Beef Stroganoff, garlic bread and a salad. All of that was followed by a Key Lime pie! Mom and I were in Heaven! Of course RL and the kids spoiled us! We got Mom a movie that she had seen and liked, "Faith Like Potatoes". It was a very, very good and inspirational movie. It's based on a true story. Normally I don't like those true, tear jerkers, but this one was pretty good! The kids and RL got me a book I have been dropping hints about for months (thank you for listening R!),"The Gentle Art of Domesticity" by Jane Brocket. Her blog is the last one I have listed over there on the side - Yarnstorm. Such a good book! I've enjoyed her perspective on everything from knitting, baking, to all other gentle arts. RL told me to also order something for myself from Knit Picks. He doesn't have to tell me twice!


Mother's Day was also a pretty special day for someone else! Ginger turned 14!

I remember when she came to live with us. She was ALL ears! They still flap a little when she shakes her head. Bless her heart! I've heard she's rare because it's not common for orange tabbies to be female. She was rare for other reasons too - like she was the only kitten in her Mom's litter. Her Mom was thrown from a car on a busy stretch of road in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Mom and the kids found out about her and went to pick her up. She's been with us ever since. Sometimes she's not so easy to live with, but then again, who is? She's our baby so we love her. Happy birthday Ginger!

No comments: