February 8, 2012

Excuse me while I brag......

I am patting myself on the back so much, I might break my elbow again!  I have the most wonderful husband.  He works so hard to provide for us.  I haven't had to work outside of our home since we had children.  When I've suggested it in recent years, he has told me no, that I have too much to tend to with Mom.  He doesn't complain when I spend too much money.  He doesn't complain that I have a yarn, book and fabric addiction.  He even likes to cook dinner when he comes home from work because, now get this, it relaxes him!  Now, who am I to stand in the way of the man's relaxation.  I do end up cleaning the kitchen most nights, but who am I to complain after not having to fix dinner. 

However, there are some things that he just hasn't gotten around to.  Due to the amount of stress he's been under for the past three years since our dads died, he just hasn't felt like doing much around the house that needs to be done.  I don't blame him at all.  He does so much for our moms on a daily basis that he doesn't really have a great deal of time to deal with the day to day maintenance on the house.

The tub has been a major pain in my butt for years.  The drain just hasn't been working properly.  It could be constantly clogged because the women of this house won't get their hair cut.  When you have hair past your butt, you're bound to get some clogs in a drain or two.  Multiply that by two since both of us have hair that long. 

Yesterday I had to go get the 'guts for a toilet tank' that needs to be replaced at my Mom's house.  While strolling the plumbing aisles at Lowes, I found an auger to clean drains.  Yes, I could have spent that money on yarn.  Yes, I could have bought some magazines.  But NO, I bought that auger.  AND I used that auger!  And the tub drains in the most wonderful way!  I cannot wait until he takes a shower tonight!  He will be soooo surprised!

No comments: