February 16, 2012

Beautiful Day in Old Salem

My sister has been in town for a few days this week.  It's been three years since she was last here, and that was when my Dad died.  This time Mom had to have a procedure done and she wanted to be here to offer support and any help we needed.  Everything went well, so after Mom was feeling better we wanted to do something enjoyable.  The prettiest day we had just happened to be the anniversary of Daddy's death.  Trying to keep Mom's mind occupied, we decided an outing to Old Salem was in order.

So many beautiful things to see!
A beautiful and wooded amphitheater at Salem College.

The creek next to the amphitheater.  Notice the bench from 1930?  It's one of the newer things there!

Are those cypress knees?  We were trying to figure it out.


Why yes, I AM a tree hugger!
I could not get over the size of this tree and wanted to check how far my arms would reach.
The shadows in this picture are so cool.

This is a Moravian cemetery next to Home Moravian church.  It's called God's Acre.


Is that Captain Morgan?  Why no, it's my sister!


R took pictures of everything.  My sister told her to make sure she got a picture of the '200 year old fire hydrant', so this is for her!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow - what a wonderful place to visit. Love those shots of you and your sisters!