March 24, 2010

I'm Still Here!!!!!!

Whew! I was beginning to wonder if I was going to blog again! What a hectic month this has been. First - a word of wisdom - don't wait five years to visit a dentist. While you are waiting those five years, don't make Coke your primary drink. When I say 'coke' I mean any sweetened, carbonated beverage. (We say coke for all carbonated beverages. Is that a Southern thing?) Anyway, that's what I've done for the past few years. I finally went to the dentist, when RL made an appointment for me. Sneaky fella! To make a long story short, I have four teeth - FOUR - 4 - that are not in need of any work. Only FOUR! That leaves 24 that need work of some sort. After the initial shock and many tears shed in the dentist's office, I was left with two choices: suck it up and get the work done or suck it up and get all my teeth pulled and wear dentures. Either way you looked at it, I had to suck it up! I opted for the work. First, I had to make a life change - NO MORE COKE! The dentist wouldn't work to save my teeth if I wouldn't give it up. I went cold turkey. my poor family.... After three weeks of 'detox' I set up my first appointment. Three teeth were pulled. So............between 'detox' and the pain of having those three teeth pulled, recovery and being ashamed that I let this situation get so far out of hand, I have been staying away from my blog.
Before I started this walk of dental shame, I managed to knit some socks! Remember the yarn I dyed with Easter Egg Dye? Here's a reminder:


I like the way it knit up. The toes look like rainbow targets!

The heels did some really funky stuff!
This is one side of one heel. It was just blue and pink throughout that whole side.

The other side of the same heel turned out to be green and purple! How cool is that?

The next heel surprised me by being all four colors on both sides.

My resident blog photographer hasn't felt like taking creative pictures lately, so you're stuck with my lack of photographic creativity! Well, that and no sun! The colors pooled, which doesn't bother me in the least. I really enjoyed this project from start to finish and I've already started gathering Easter Egg Dye to dye some more yarn. Keep your eyes open for after Easter sales on dye so you can give this a try. It's definitely worth your while!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ouch! You poor thing! Sorry you're having so much trouble! love the socks -- the colors are beautiful!

Aredhel said...

Those are too cool! They turned out great! I hope the soda withdrawal isn't so bad any more and that your jaw is feeling better.