January 16, 2011

We Had a Birthday Today

My baby girl is 23 today. I have NO idea where the time has gone. Seems like just yesterday I was 23 and she was born. She is such a great joy to our family.
Since I am 'not allowed' to post any pictures of her or her brother - their rule - you'll have to be content with pictures of her cake. Gone are the days of a Funfetti cake. She requested a 100% home made lemon cake. She made one last summer and loved it, so she wanted it for her birthday. Boy - what a lot of hard work! Half way through the cake I asked her why I couldn't just open a cake mix and use that. She informed me that there is 'no love' in a boxed cake mix. Well, there's plenty of love in this cake! About three or four hours of standing in the kitchen worth! And she is worth it, of course.

Happy Birthday Bean! We love you!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Bean -- that cake is GORGEOUS!!!!