November 11, 2010

Fall Is In The Air!!!!

This has been one funky fall. One thing I've learned since moving to North Carolina, is that the weather is just as unpredicatable as living in Florida. With Florida chances are it's going to be warm. But it can surprise you! This fall is one of the weirder ones since we've lived up here. Sometimes it's like someone turned on a switch and all the leaves changed at once. Other times, it's like not all the trees got the memo! This is one of those years. Most of the trees are in the process of changing now, so we're getting a little closer to what I would consider a 'normal' fall.

Here's the latest finished knitting project! Last year for Halloween, my Ravelry buddy, Aredhel, sent this yarn to me. I wasn't sure what to do with it. I knew it would be socks - that's always a given! But I didn't know if I wanted a pattern, plain, black heels and toes, regular heel or patterned. I just over thought it. So....I put the yarn away and pulled it out this year as soon as fall was in the air and decided to knit plain socks, eye of partridge heel and let the yarn speak for itself. I'm really glad I did. When I took the socks outside for their photo shoot, I noticed how they really were showing fall colors. Thanks Aredhel! I am anxious to wear them.
This is my view from the computer desk right now. The yellow just brightens up the sky. I love the contrast of the blue and yellow.

Yesterday R was walking around snapping pictures of our backyard, so I thought I would share some of them.


Soon it will be raking time. Better enjoy them while they're still on the trees!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Your leaves are beautiful and so are your new socks! We've had a weird year too -- but a gorgeous Indian Summer that is coming to an end this weekend!

kelly said...

nice socks. You're SUPPOSED to be reading...didn't we talk about this?!?!?!?!?