February 18, 2010

New Socks!

Pay no attention to the fact that I desperately need to sweep the floor! Just look at the new socks modelled by the lovely spinner of the house. These were a quick knit. The sock yarn was a Christmas gift. It had fallen out of my stocking and rolled under the love seat. When I was cleaning up paper and bows, I found it. What a happy surprise! I used the typical, generic sock pattern I always do except this time I did a K3, P1 cuff. I think they stay up better that way. However, I'm not sure if that's a fact with these socks because my model decided to wear them today!

Although we haven't had anymore snow - thank goodness - I've seen some activity in the snow that hasn't melted yet. Since I've been keeping the bird feeder filled, we have some winter visitors emptying it almost daily.

Ginger doesn't seem to care! She just wants to be left alone!

Thank you for all of the sweet comments you left on my last post. They meant so much to me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I wondered how the socks were coming along...they turned out to be very nice. Love the colors!
How in the world could you knit while the Hockey Game was going on??? I was not a happy camper at the end, but our guys were good sports.
The Canadians were NOT MY FAVORITES!
NO WAY!
NO HOW!
NOT EVER!
I do have to say that the Winter Olympics are so much more exciting than the summer games!
I love you Tootsie, Mom