July 20, 2008

Yet Another Pair

Yippee! I finished another pair of socks! I'm trying to work on small projects that aren't too warm to knit. This has been my latest 'knit while on the front porch after dinner' project. The pattern is from 'Cozy Socks' and is the Zig Zag pattern. I have made Jaywalkers before and couldn't get them over my fat ankle. These, however, look a little like Jaywalkers and fit! YES! Can you tell I'm blessed. I'm even more blessed that the yarn is from my stash!
'Little Miss M' has arrived next door. She was the lucky recipient of the bunny hat I made some time back. I had her in mind when I made it, but she just wasn't here yet! She's a little sweetie. Mom and Dad are having the usual horrible period of adjustment - you remember - no sleep! Oh, I remember well. I was so afraid that once I saw her I would want another baby. Just didn't happen this time, much to RLs relief! I don't care how much I might want one - it ain't gonna happen! Two babies with colic were enough for both of us.
I finished reading 'Captains Courageous' by Rudyard Kipling. What a great book. I really enjoyed it once I got into it. (Thanks for the recommendation Kate!) Now, what to read? I finished reading the book in the early afternoon and finished the socks last night. Too many finished projects and now I'm just left hanging here with nothing to read or knit. Maybe a trip to JoAnn's will take care of part of that problem...
RLs Dad finished his chemo treatments. They made such a big fanfare of it at the chemo place. It sounded so cute. The nurses all sang to him and then gave him and RLs Mom hugs and kisses. The people who work there are the sweetest people. Next they move on to 15 radiation treatments to the brain as a precaution. Cancer hasn't been spotted there and hopefully won't be. Please pray for them.
RL and R went to the farmer's market yesterday. We had the most delicious veggie dinner last night. R said it was officially summer now that we had a veggie dinner! L and I vegged out while they went. L is feeling puny. He caught a cold from a friend - gee, thanks for sharing!

Off to find some knitting and reading! Have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great! Awesome work. I'll keep your father-in-law in my prayers. Hope L gets to feeling better soon. Have a great day!

Thimbleanna said...

Excellent socks! Love the colors. It sounds like some good news maybe for FIL?

Sweet Woodruff said...

Awesomeness!!! Make me a pair and I'll pay you. I covet. Wish you could teach me.